Camping is closed for the season.
Camping may be unavailable during holidays and special events. For additional information or to check availability, please call 972-731-3296.
The Town of Little Elm offers primitive camping for tents only in Little Elm Park. Little Elm Park is located on Lake Lewisville. The park's address is 701 W. Eldorado Parkway, Little Elm, TX 75068.
Tent Camping Fees
Little Elm Park requires a permit for tent camping. Each tent in your party requires a permit. The Community Services Director or designee can deny or revoke a permit. A permit cannot be purchased for a date in advance but must be used the day you buy it.
- $5.00 per night/per tent
- $15.00 4-nights (max.)/per tent
- Weekend parking fees apply from April through September
A permit can be purchased at the kiosk located in the camping area.
*Please be sure to have your purchased permit readily available*
- Primitive camping is available for tent camping only.
- Camping in designated areas only. No campers, vans or similar house vehicles are permitted. Map
- Motorized vehicles shall park in the lot provided and not at the campsite. No RVs/motorized campers.
- Camping is available by permit only and is not transferable. Permits must be available at your tent at all times during your stay.
- Placing camping equipment on a campsite or intermittent personal appearance at a campsite to reserve a designated campsite for future occupancy is prohibited.
- Campers shall keep their campsite free of trash and litter during the period of occupancy, clean their campsites, and remove all personal equipment upon departure.
- Digging or leveling of any ground or the construction of any structure without written permission of the Parks & Recreation Director is prohibited.
- Grills are permitted
- Campers should bring their own approved fire pit. Fires are not permitted on the ground or in hand-made fire rings.
- Campers should bring their firewood. Campers are not permitted to cut standing wood, dead or alive. Gathering of firewood is prohibited.
- Please do not dump hot coals or ashes on the ground or in any trash receptacle.
- Before starting a campfire, please check for Burn Ban restrictions at 940-349-2840.
Pets are allowed in campsite areas and must be kept on a leash or under physical restraint. Please clean up after your pet.
For additional information about tent camping in Little Elm Park, please get in touch with our Parks & Recreation office at 972-731-3296 or by email.