Planning & Zoning
The Planning and Zoning division manages the planning and development items of importance to Little Elm and the surrounding region by being the primary liaison between the town and developers, administering award-winning development regulations, supervising special projects, originating future plans, drafting ordinances, and providing staff support to Town Council, the Planning & Zoning Commission, the Board of Adjustment, and other ad hoc citizen advisory committees.
Planning and Zoning ensures functional, high quality, and aesthetically pleasing development that is sustainable, coordinated, and protects Little Elm's long-range tax base. Strong urban planning affords Little Elm the ability to choose how it evolves, grow its tax base, survive change, plan for synchronized development, determine how it looks and feels, and improve the overall quality of life for residents.
Documents & Ordinances
- Development Application Handbook
- Sign Code
- Landscape Code
- Development Regulations - Zoning Ordinance
- Subdivision Regulations
- Comprehensive Plan
Awards & Recognition
Scenic City - Silver Certification
- The mission of the Scenic City Certification Program is to support and recognize Texas municipalities that implement high-quality scenic standards for public roadways and public spaces.
- The Scenic City Certification Program provides a proven, highly-regarded tool to Texas cities for assessment, evaluation and recognition of infrastructure standards.
Planning Excellence Award
- The Arbor Day Foundation designated Little Elm a Tree City USA community for its commitment to urban forestry for 5 straight years (2011-2014).