KLEB Scholarship Program
ANY High School Senior may qualify and enter competition for the KLEB scholarship by achieving the following requirements:
- A candidate must be a student in a public school, charter school, trade school or home school in the Little Elm area.
- A student must complete a verifiable minimum of 20 hours of documented community service of which at least 15 hours of service must be for the Town of Little Elm and/or KLEB, including assisting at special KLEB events, i.e., the bi-annual Clean & Green Town Wide Clean-up events, Adopt-A-Street Program, Shoreline Clean-up events, Great American Trash Off. The remaining hours can be served in the Town of Little Elm, with another Little Elm non-profit organization, or by doing environmental/beautification projects in the Town. All volunteer hours must be completed between September 1st and April 15th of the current school year.
- A student must be in good standing with the school and continue to demonstrate their passion for the environment through their academic career.
- Activities not conducted in Little Elm for the community service requirement will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- A candidate must submit the application with attachments by the deadline on April 30th of the current school year.
Deadline for Submission is April 30th of the current school year! Scholarships can be submitted online through our email address below.
Additional submission options are:
Mail to: Keep Little Elm Beautiful
Attention: KLEB Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 357
Little Elm, TX 75068
Email to: KLEBscholarship@Gmail.com
The determination of the recipient of the KLEB scholarship shall be selected from a group of qualifying High School Seniors that have met or exceeded the requirements of the program as recommended by the KLEB Scholarship Committee. The Scholarship winners will be chosen on a competitive basis and without regard to family financial circumstances, gender, race, ethnic origin, or religious preference. A committee of the KLEB will choose the winners by evaluation of factors of each candidate including environmental activities and contributions to the community, academic record, and recommendations about the candidate. The Winners will be notified prior to any public announcement by the KLEB Organization in May of the current school year.
How much $$$ is awarded for the KLEB Scholarship?The top candidate will receive a scholarship award of $500 and 2 additional outstanding candidates will each receive a scholarship award of $250 toward tuition each, for books or other college financial requirements. All portions of the competition, including the selection of a winner and payment of scholarship award, are handled by the KLEB Scholarship Committee. Funds will be in the form of a check payable to the accredited college of the student’s choice.
When is the deadline for submission?
April 30 of current school year
What if I have additional questions?
KLEB Scholarship Committee at KLEBscholarship@gmail.com