General Election Information
Town Council elections are generally held each May. The Town of Little Elm may also conduct elections on local matters each November. Denton County administers elections for the Town, and you may find additional information about elections and voting at www.votedenton.com.
How do I register to vote?
For additional elections information, including voter registration, voter ID requirements, and precinct information, please visit the Denton County Elections website at www.votedenton.com.
Where do I vote on Election Day?
Election Information 2021
The filing for the May 2021 Election is now closed. View the Election Notice here. The individuals who have applied for a place on the ballot are:
1. Neil Blais firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidate unopposed; no report required
The Town Secretary serves as the Chief Election Official for the Town of Little Elm and is responsible for conducting Town Elections in accordance with the Texas Election Code and held annually on the first Saturday in May. The Town of Little Elm contracts election services thru the Denton County Election Administration. For information related to elections, please contact Caitlan Biggs at 214-975-0452 or email@example.com.
The Town Council is composed of a Mayor and six (6) Council Members in Places 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 elected by the qualified voters for a term of three (3) years, with the exception of Council members in Places 2, 3, 4, and 5, which shall be elected by the qualified voters in each of the respective Council District as provided for in Chapter 3 of the Town Charter. The Mayor and Council Members in Places 1 and 6 shall be elected by the Town's qualified voters at-large. Beginning with the Election in May 2021, Place 5 shall be for a term of two (2) years until the election in May 2023, after which time Place 5 shall be for a term of three (3) years from that election going forward.
The following places will be on the May 1, 2021, General Election:
· Mayor for a term of three (3) years
· Place 3 for a term of three (3) years
· Place 5 for a term of two (2) years
Qualifications for Office (Per the Town Charter)
In accordance with standard eligibility requirements for a town office, a candidate must:
- be a United States citizen.
- shall be a qualified voter of the Town.
- shall not be less than twenty-one (21) years of age.
- shall have resided in the Town not less than twelve (12) months. immediately preceding election day.
- shall meet the requirements of the Texas Election Code.
- shall not after notice of any delinquency, be in arrears in the payment of any taxes or other liabilities due to the Town.
- each Council Member and Mayor must continually reside within the Town during such officer’s term of office, and any removal of the officer’s residence from the Town during his or her term of shall constitute a vacation of his or her office, and such vacancy shall be filled as provided in Section 3.05 of the Town Charter.
- Candidates for Mayor and Councilmember in Place 1 and Place 6 may be residents of any portion of the Town. Council Member for Place 2 ,3, 4, and 5 must reside in, and be elected from the district for which the specific place applies.
- The Town Council, by Ordinance, shall establish the district boundaries for Place 2, 3, 4, and 5. The district boundaries shall be equal in population as practical and reviewed and updated by the Town Council every four (4) years.
- Council Places 1, 2, and 4 will be elected on the first Saturday in May 2022.
- Council Places 5 and 6 will be elected on the first Saturday in May 2023.
Texas Ethics Commission: www.ethics.state.tx.us
Campaign forms and instruction guides:
Secretary of State: www.sos.state.tx.us
Additional election information/forms:
If you have any questions please contact the Town Secretary at 214-975-0404.
Town of Little Elm, 100 West Eldorado Parkway, Little Elm, Texas 75068
Phone: 214-975-0404 Fax: 972-377-5540