Welcome to the Little Elm Public Works Department, an American Public Works Accredited Agency. We are here to help you and help to maintain the Town’s infrastructure.
The Public Works Department is responsible for six divisions:
- Stormwater Management MS4
- Waste Water (collections, treatment)
- Water Division (water operations, water quality)
- Solid Waste (trash, recycling)
What Does American Public Works Association Accreditation mean?
The purpose of the APWA accreditation program is to provide a means of formally verifying and recognizing public works agencies for compliance with the recommended practices outlined in the Public Works Management Practices Manual. It is a voluntary, self-motivated approach to objectively evaluate, verify, and recognize compliance with the recommended management practices.
The objectives of the accreditation program are to:
- Create impetus for organization self-improvement and stimulate general raising of standards
- Offer a voluntary evaluation and education program rather than government-regulated activity
- Recognize good performance and provide motivation to maintain and improve performance
- Improve performance and the provision of services
- Increase professionalism
- Instill pride among agency staff, elected officials, and the local community
We Are Here to Help
To better serve your needs, and to strengthen communication between us, please let us know how we may help. If you are looking for Water or Trash Billing Services, please contact them at 214-975-0480 or follow this link to Utility Billing for further details.
Need a sewer or water line located? Call us at 972-377-5556 or submit a request through our Request Center here.
Did You Know?
The Public Works Department has employees on-call 24/7, 365 days-a-year? If you need assistance or have a water/sewer emergency after regular business hours, please call us at 972-377-5556 and follow the prompts. Public Work’s personnel will be dispatched to your home or place of business.
Conservation Stage Watering in Effect
- Conservation Stage Watering Schedule
- Water Conservation and Water Resources Emergency Management Plan