Wood Family Dog Park
The Wood Family Dog Park is located at 1001 Witt Rd. and is the perfect place for your pup!
Hours of Operation:
Sunrise to Sunset (Closed Thursdays all day for maintenance). Park may close for weather or other circumstances at any time.
Dog Park Rules:
Only dogs allowed.
Dog park may be closed for maintenance without prior notice.
People who violate these rules are subject to removal from the park and may be prohibited from future use.
The off-leash area shall be used at the person’s own risk. Persons utilizing the park are liable for any injury or damage caused by themselves or their dog.
Report all dog bites to the Town of Little Elm Animal Services at 972-377-1898 or the Police Department non-emergency number at 214-975-0460. For emergencies, call 9-1-1.
1. Owners must accompany their dogs at all times and shall have no more than two (2) dogs in the off-leash area at one time.
2. Owners must remain in the area at all times and keep dogs in sight and under their control.
3. Owners are responsible for the behavior of their dogs and any injuries or damage caused by them.
4. Any dog showing aggression toward people or other dogs must be immediately leashed and removed from the off-leash area.
5. Dogs with a known history of aggressive or dangerous behavior are not allowed in the park.
6. Owners must not allow dogs to dig. Any holes created by a dog shall be immediately filled by the dog’s owner.
7. Owners must carry a leash at all times. Dogs must be unleashed and leashed in the transition area, and must under owner’s physical control when entering and leaving the dog park.
8. Once inside of the fenced-in area, dogs are NOT permitted to remain on a leash.
9. Owners are responsible for securely latching any gates as they enter or exit the dog park.
10. Owners must pick up and dispose of dog feces properly.
11. Female dogs in heat or season and puppies under four months of age are not allowed in the off-leash area.
12. All dogs shall be up to date on all vaccines and must wear their tags at all times. Any dogs not currently vaccinated against rabies are not permitted in the dog park.
13. No dog food from home is allowed.
14. Children under the age of 13 shall be accompanied by a responsible adult and must be supervised at all times.
15. Eating, smoking, or vaping are not allowed inside the off-leash or the dog park area.
16. Glass containers are not allowed inside McCord Park/Town Parks.
17. Professional dog trainers conducting business are prohibited.
18. No strollers, carriages, bicycles, or children’s toys allowed in the park.
19. The small dog park is limited to dogs weighing 30 pounds or less; large dog park is open to dogs of all sizes.
For more information, call the Parks Administration Office: 972-731-3296