- Public Works
- Solid Waste (Trash/Recycling) Division
Trash, Recycling, Bulk & Brush Service Information
Little Elm Utility Customers are serviced by Community Waste Disposal (CWD) for pick up and removal of trash, recycling, bulk trash, and brush. Trash and recycling occur on a weekly basis, while bulk and brush are serviced bi-weekly (twice a month.) You can find additional details on services below in our 2023 Solid Waste Guide.
Key Phone Numbers
For additional trash and bulk trash service service, questions about your trash bill, or if your trash was not picked up, please contact the Town of Little Elm Utility Billing Customer Service at 214-975-0480.
95-Gallon Trash and Recycling Cart Placement Procedures | Cart Storage
All 95-gallon trash and recycling carts shall be placed at the curbside by 7 a.m. on designated collection days, but 95-gallon carts and recycling containers shall not be placed out for collection earlier than 7 p.m. before the day of the scheduled collection. Carts also must be placed at least four feet from mailboxes or obstructions such as vehicles.
All 95-gallon trash and recycling carts are required to be stored behind the front building line of your home, not curbside. Residents may place carts out by the street on the day before service after 7 p.m. Carts must be removed from curbside by 7 a.m. the day after services. Your homeowners association may have a more stringent requirement to place carts out of view.
Trash outside the cart will not be picked up. The cart should be placed at the edge of the street with the lid closed and 4 feet of clearance space on either side of the cart. Please place the cart handle facing your house, and within 3 feet of the curb. Overloaded carts will not be serviced.
Bi-Weekly Bulk & Brush Pick Up
Town of Little Elm residents with a regularly scheduled trash and recycling pickup are also provided a pre-scheduled bulk and brush pickup service twice a month beginning with the first (full week) of each month. Your pre-scheduled pickup week is based on your regular trash recycling route day. See below to determine your bulk pickup day.
Items must be placed curbside no later than 7 a.m. on Mondays or they will not be picked up until your next bulk service date.
- A maximum of six cubic yards per household will be picked up on each bulk service day.
- Items must be placed neatly on the curb, not in the right-of-way or the roadway, and not blocking storm drains.
- CWD works to complete bulk routes by Wednesday each week; however, if there is a high volume of bulk trash, pick up may take longer.
CWD will run until all routes are completed. Thank you in advance for your patience. For questions, please contact Public Works at 972-377-5556 or Utility Billing Customer Service at 214-975-0480.
Items Not Accepted:
- Hazardous Waste
- Construction Materials
- Remodeling Debris
What Items Are Accepted:
Bulk refuse items are items that do not fit in your cart, such as:
- Refrigerators/Freezers (refrigerant must be properly removed, and the item must be tagged)
- White metal goods
- Water tanks
- Yard waste (must be bagged)
- Tree limbs, fencing, and other debris need to be bundled and tied into four feet by two feet bundles of less than 50 pounds.
- Christmas trees (free of all ornaments, lights, and stands)