The Rec at The Lakefront
New Membership Fee ChangePlease note that all new memberships purchased after January 1, 2021, will incur a slight fee increase. Those with current memberships will not be affected. Find more information here.
Check out Our New Milestone Program: Get Rec'd!We see you every day. Why not be rewarded for it?
Sign up for our new Milestone Program to track your workouts and get connected with your fitness community. Each time you visit, you will earn one check-in. After every 25 check-ins, you will earn a prize! Find more information here.
Welcome to The Rec at The Lakefront
The Rec at The Lakefront reopened on June 1, 2020, with limited occupancy, new operational policies, and certain restrictions to protect the health and safety of our members and team members.Our amended policies are in cooperation with the Open Texas guidelines and recommendations found here. We reserve the right to change operations and policies based on the direction and guidance of State and local authorities.
- Beginning Monday March 22, hours of the facility are Monday-Friday, 5 a.m.-9 p.m., Saturdays, 7 a.m.-5 p.m., and Sundays 1-4 p.m.
- We encourage you to wear a mask when in the Recreation Center, when you cannot maintain a distance of six feet between you and other individuals who reside outside of your household.
- Face coverings are encouraged in the Basketball Gym.
- GroupX schedule can be found here.
- Annual and monthly memberships can be started by filling out the Membership Agreement.
- All annual memberships that were purchased before 6/1/20 will have 90 days added to the membership cycle.
- Towel service is available.
Check out our Rec at Home guide for puzzles, games, and more!
Your one stop for fitness and fun!
The two-story Recreation Center spans more than 70,000 square feet. The facility includes elements such as a large state-of-the-art fitness area, a functional training room, group fitness rooms, full-size gym, recreation classrooms, multi-purpose room, craft room, and spacious men's and women's locker rooms.
The Rec at The Lakefront is open to youth and adults of all ages, with something for everyone. Check out our Membership Information, Group Exercise Schedule, and Facility Reservation pages for more information!
Membership Cancellation Form - Recreation Center
- Full-size basketball gym
- Two full-size volleyball courts
- Open play volleyball and pickleball, available upon request
- 7,000 square-foot fitness room
- Cardiovascular equipment: treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, step mills, spin bikes
- Selectorized weight equipment: pin loaded and extremely user-friendly, free motion dual cable cross machine
- Plate loaded/free weights: Urethane dumbbells (5-105 lbs.), bench press, multipurpose squat rack, linear leg press
- Kid Zone
- Game room
- Group exercise rooms
- Multipurpose room perfect for programming birthday parties, dance classes, and rentals
- Full commercial kitchen for special events and birthday parties
- Locker rooms with showers and lockers
- Classrooms for programming
Services Available for Additional Fees
- Personal training
- Specialty group training
- Kids, youth, and adult recreational classes
- Basketball and volleyball leagues