Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Town of Little Elm Council Corner
Did you miss last night’s council meeting? Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered. Stay up to date and find out the highlights of our Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2018, Little Elm Town Council meeting in our Council Corner.
Development Director Fred Gibbs presented the first draft of the new Neighborhood Integrity Program. The purpose of the Neighborhood Integrity Program is to develop a matching grant partnership between the Town and the neighborhoods and homeowners associations of Little Elm to help fund improvement projects that benefit or beautify the entire community.
• Graduation Ceremony of the third Little Elm Citizens Government Academy class and presentations from Mayor David Hillock and Town Manager Matt Mueller. Graduates from this year’s CGA include Barbara Blackburn, Jan Eaken, Ken Eaken, Pamela Garrett, Tina Gonzalez, Derrick JaQuess, Kimberley Lee, Eric Licker, Kaye Marbry, Eugenia McClung, Maria McCracken, Katrina Moore, Dalia Sandoval, Sherril Niemann, Crystal Singh, Jennifer Villapando, Danny Weakley, Kimberley Weakley, and Richard Wilson.
About Our Academies
Have you ever wanted a behind-the-scenes look into the Town of Little Elm? If so, consider one of our three Citizens Academies! These community programs help to answer questions, give explanations and insight, and create future leaders of Little Elm!
Citizens Government Academy. This is an eight-week program designed to offer Little Elm residents the opportunity to learn about the daily functions and roles of local government. The goal of the program is to create more informed, engaged, and proactive members of the community to strengthen the Town’s vision for growth and development. The Town holds the CGA from September to November 2019. Applications open in July.
Citizens Fire Academy. This program is a unique educational opportunity designed to provide participants of the Town of Little Elm with an in-depth look at the inner workings of the Little Elm Fire Department. The free ten-week program teaches participants fire safety for the home and workplace, plus hands-on experience in emergency operations, and even includes a chance to ride out with a crew!
Citizens Police Academy. This academy gives the public a chance for a closer look at the operations of the Little Elm Police Department. The free fourteen-week program features information about the department and its divisions, SWAT operations, investigations, and the court process. The next session will run from March to May 2019. Applications will open in February.
• Mayor David Hillock presented a 2018 Achievement of Excellence in Procurement Award to Dawn Berry, Town of Little Elm Purchasing Agent.
• Mayor David Hillock presented a proclamation that Nov. 6, 2018, is ACP MetroCon Day.
• Mayor David Hillock presented a Certificate of Recognition to Council Member Curtis Cornelious for receiving the 2018 Ivy Spotlight HBCU Award.
• Mayor David Hillock presented the 2018 Certificate of Achievement for Planning Excellence to the Town of Little Elm Development Department.
Click here to view the full meeting agenda.