What is a Specific Use Permit?

A Specific Use Permit (SUP) allows for specific uses on a property that is not commonly allowed in that zoning district. These are typically used for daycares, self-storage facilities, used car lots and other uses. The process for obtaining a SUP is similar to the zoning process. The Planning and Zoning Commission, Town Council and/or Town Staff may require a site plan and/or a feasibility study to be included with the SUP application. Section 6 of the Town’s Zoning Ordinance lists what SUPs are available in each Zoning District.

Show All Answers

1. What is zoning?
2. Why do we need zoning?
3. What effect does zoning have on my property?
4. What zoning do I need?
5. What are the zoning fees?
6. How do I determine the type of use I may develop?
7. How do I change zoning?
8. What information is required?
9. What is a Specific Use Permit?
10. How can I participate in a public hearing?